Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies!

I promised you guys this recipe a few days ago and I have lagged, but I always stand by my promises, even if it takes me a few days. Life is crazy when you're going to school and have a family to take care of. Anyways, lets get to it!


CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIES
(No, they're not burnt... I just used chocolate protein powder.)

These cookies are great for post workout. They each contain 8 grams of protein, they're high in manganese and B6 vitamins, and they will restore your glucose levels which are depleted after a workout, especially a strength training workout. Low calorie and low fat!


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 2 medium, ripe, mashed bananas
  • 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
  • 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 scoop protein powder
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In medium bowl, mix banana, honey, vanilla, salt and peanut butter until well incorporated
  3. Add oats, flax seed, chia seeds and protein powder.
  4. Mix well
  5. Fold in chocolate chips 
  6. Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls onto greased or foiled baking sheet, should make about 12-15.
  7. Bake for 12 minutes
  8. Enjoy!

I made a batch of these the day before we had 6 of my husbands co-workers over for dinner. That night, I had to make another batch because they loved them so much and all wanted the recipe. I call that success!

Don't forget to 'LIKE' my Facebook page 
Or FOLLOW ME on Instagram for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment